KKH Private ward

Hi mummies! Is it possible to be under KKH subsidized but when choosing ward I want to choose A ward? When should we inform gynae if I want to get private ward?#advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes its possible. You can go to the admin office(its beside the safe entry area) but u have to book it in advance & if im not wrong u must be at least 36 weeks to book. But its only subjected to availability. If after u give birth and theres no A ward available they will give u the B ward instead. Also you have to pay first when youre doing the pre booking. Its good to take A ward as husbands are allowed to stay through the night which helps alot because the baby is going to be with u throughout. My friend had to do everything alone at C ward.

Read more

Yes. It is possible to choose A ward. When I was admitted, A ward was fully taken. My husband was told that A ward need to book in advance. There is another couple book in advance and still didn’t managed to get A ward.

3y ago

so even if I were to book in advance I'm still not guaranteed a ward yet ? only after I give birth den I will know if I got the ward?

yes, it is possible to upgrade from subsidized to private (A) ward. But charges will be under private. And baby's future appointment inter referral will be under private charges also.

yes but once u choose A ward you'll be charged under private. you can inform them when they talk to you about the admission/choosing of wards