Gassy Baby

Hello Mummies out there! My baby is 6 weeks old going 7 weeks now he is always becoming cranky from 10pm to 1am whereby he is demanding for more milk despite his normal intake. His usual intake is 120ml but during this time of the night he may drink up to 180ml! Is this normal? Also, anyone have any remedy to share for gassy or bloated baby? :(

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You may want to take note of the intake interval of hours, and for gassy baby you massage tummy, do bicycle kicks, tummy time to ensure baby fart, poop. Sometimes they get really hungry and the milk intake would be high. Both of my children are on BM and in between whenever needed ill give FM. Before their bed time,ill give FM so they can sleep peacefully. Middle night when they wake up, ill feed BM.

Read more

Hi, my baby is similar. At night she will request for more milk. You will have to burp more before letting him down on the bed and keep him upright for at least 30mins to prevent milk spit up. I think it is ok and normal, cause her usual feeding time is every 2.5hrs but after the cluster night feed, she can sleep for 4hrs at night. U can observe his sleeping time and see if its the same as mine.

Read more
1y ago

yup my baby do stay awake for quite a long time. Her naps in the day are 5-10mins sometimes. She is still active and alert with no signs of tireness. We will still try to make her sleep after exceeding the wake window in case she is overtired. But it never last long. Longest is 45mins of nap and not always.. i believe that my baby nap or rested when nursing cause her eyes are closed although she is sucking and swallowing 😂😂