Tired cue but ended up playing in cot

Hi mummies, 😰 a lot of times when my 4months old baby shows signs of tiredness (rubbing cheek and eyes, yawning) I will put him down. Sometimes he falls asleep after whining, sometimes need to go in a few times to sayang then sleep, then sometimes he whine on and off and then play in the cot for an hour or two. There are times I can see his eyes almost closing but he will suddenly open his eyes and play or whine… I’m exhausted, am I doing something wrong here?😞

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey mama, Sending love and encouragement to you!!! You’re doing great! Not to worry - baby is probably going through a growth spurt - being needy and fussy. It is a phase and it will pass. He may just want to just be close to you instead of being put down for a nap. If you think about it, playing would mean he gets to play with you…sleeping means he’ll be left alone. You could even do some skin to skin and sleep with him - that way you can get some much needed rest too! You can read more about growth spurts here: https://kellymom.com/hot-topics/growth-spurts/ Hope this helps and hang in there mama! Know that we’ve all experienced this and you’re not alone :)

Read more