Pregnancy essentials

Hello mummies to be, would like to find out what products did you buy/change when you found out you are pregnant? What essentials to buy? Thanks!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello mama! I'm sure you'd look more into the specific products and brands you like for your baby, so I'll just share how I went about planning and purchasing :) I basically noted down these categories, went to research more on how to perform some of these activities (e.g. how to shower newborn, how to travel outside with newborn) and then determined what products I would want and need! 1. Clean - includes anything to do with your baby's hygiene - e.g. bath towels, baby soap, cradle cap comb, diaper cream, moisturiser, bath tub, wet wipes 2. Clothing - anything to do with apparels and accessories - e.g. clothing for preemie / 0-3m, mittens and socks, beanies, fabric detergent and softener 3. Feeding - anything to do with feeding baby, think about mother and baby separately - e.g. for mom: nipple cream, pumps, lactation cookies - e.g. for baby: bottles, steriliser, bibs, cloths, night lamp, formula, bottle warmer 4. Going out - anything to do with bringing baby out of the house - e.g. stroller, car seat, baby carrier, pacifier clip, mini fan, small trash bags, disposable incontinence pads, maternity bag 5. Health - anything to do with baby's general wellbeing - e.g. electric nail trimmer, nasal aspirator, thermometer, surface cleaners, hair brush and comb 6. Play - anything to do with entertaining baby - e.g. rattles, high contrast cards, baby nest, play mat, bouncer 7. Sleep - anything to do with baby's sleep - e.g. pacifier, swaddles, cot, bedsheets, mattress protector, white noise machine My best advice would be to purchase essentials in small quantities, then slowly purchase more after baby is born! Reason being that certain products may end up not working for your baby and it's a trial-and-error process 🥹 also don't bother getting too many or too expensive clothing as they outgrow super fast. Hope this provides some structure for planning and wishing you all the best ☺️ happy to answer any questions you might have too

Read more

I continued with my usual skincare but added in some belly oil/cream to try to prevent stretch marks. if you want a pregnancy pillow would help especially as you get bigger!

Mama’s choice stretch mark cream. Use throughout your pregnancy till after u give birth. Usually little to no marks.

TapFluencer

sunscreen!