How do you know if baby is ok?

Hello mummies to be! I’m just at the start of my second trimester and understand that the scans will be conducted every four weeks now. How can we know if baby is doing ok? FTM after trying for almost five years so I’m quite concerned.#advicepls #firstbaby #pregnancy

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

similar to you, I'm also a ftm after trying almost 5 years too.. I'm pretty chill probably because somehow I can on and off feel bubbling or fluffy movements in my tummy since as earlier as 2nd trimester starts (2 times in 1st trimester also).. you can try go to 2 gynae so at least the visit is like every 2 weeks once.. or invest in a fetal doppler (although some say cannot do it too often, no good for baby growth)

Read more

Congratulations! 🎉🎊You can only monitor based on baby kicks, however anything before week 20 , their kicks and movements still feels like little waves and bubbling instead of the actual ‘kick’. 🥹 You might want to consider getting a fetal doppler or probably ask your gynae if they can schedule you every two weeks instead of four? 😊

Read more
2y ago

Thank you I’ll check out the Doppler!

Hi my dear, congrats on ur pregnancy. My advice just relax n enjoy ur pregnancy. Baby will be kicking on n off through the day. The only time u rush to hospital is when u suddenly see alot of blood on ur underwear or baby not moving. Make sure you eating well, taking ur vitamins n go for all ur check ups. All the best!

Read more

as long as there is no extreme abdominal cramps which lead to bleeding, should be fine. don't do so much heavy lifting and rest more. try to also drink pregnancy milk and eat the vitamins given. God bless and good luck🌈

Read more

FTM as well, I asked my husband to use the stethoscope to help me find and listen to the baby’s heartbeat almost every night. But it’s only possible in the 19/20 weeks onward.

I got myself a sonogram (fetal dopper) to check baby heartbeat every night for a peace of mind.

2y ago

I’ll go find!