Excessive saliva

Hi mummies... im now 8wks pregnant..but having alot of issues..excessive saliva in my mouth which it wont get away even wen im asleep...bloatedness and nausea feeling that makes my tastebud gone wrong..i cant even eat proper meal..and sometimes i will vomit nothing but jaz orangey fluid..im so sick and tired of this...please help and advise wat shud i do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Excessive saliva is normal when you have morning sickness. Also normal to feel all the above in the early stage of pregnancy. Eat bland meals like porridge or snacks like plain biscuits. Take smaller meals but frequent. If plain water tastes funny to you, take 100 plus (non-gas) or any isotonic/sports drink to keep you hydrated. Orangey fluid is your acid reflux. Because you had nothing and you threw up, that's what was left. The more empty your tummy is, the more nauseous you will feel. You can buy the anti-nausea sea band that are sold in Guardian. The band presses on the temple on your wrist so it kinda help to you to curb the nausea or ask your gynae for the anti-vomit pills. Some home remedies might not work for you. Hang in there! 5 more weeks to 2nd trimester. Hopefully no more morning sickness if you're lucky enough!

Read more