flu at 4 month pregnant

Hi mummies! Im new here. Im a new mom to be. Im pregnant at 4 month and im having flu is it normal ?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats on your pregnancy! Try to build up your immunity by taking more fruits and veggies, drinking plenty of warm water (to flush out the flu virus), and taking Vit C, D and K, all of which help to build your body's immunity. I had a bad flu 2 months back and that's what my Dr prescribed. Also, wear a mask to prevent the virus from spreading, and stay away from crowded places to minimize contact with people who might be sick. Hope this helps!

Read more
VIP Member

Hi... you can catch a cold or flu even though you’re pregnant. Please consider some of the remedies suggested in this article to cure your flu. Alternatively, please see a doctor https://sg.theasianparent.com/natural-remedies-for-cough-and-cold-during-pregnancy

Check out balms from Inara Organics. They are safe for pregnant ladies as well as babies. Im 21 weeks along and i try not to take medications when im not feeling well. I applied the balms n it works!!

Hello mum to be, It is normal to catch cold but it is still suggested to see the doctor if you have fever so that the doctor can suggest you medicines safe to be taken during pregnancy

TapFluencer

Take your vitamins and drink plenty of fluids. If normal flu, rest should help cure it ASAP. If this persists, please consult your doctor

Normal cos immune system may not be as strong as your body is working really hard now. Do see your gynae for medications and advice!

It’s fine..if you have fever it’s better to see a doctor as he can prescribe medicine safe for pregnancy.

Hi, welcome new mummy! It's normal to catch a cold - please see a doctor for that.. Congratulations btw!

No worries, drink more water get more rest and build up your immunity system :) All the best!

Super Mum

It's normal. No worrries. Just take vit c regularly.. and do take the flu vaccination