leg swollen

Hi mummies, I'm in 14 weeks and my legs have started to swell. Is it normal or do I need to be worried?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In general, swelling of feet and ankles is quite common, but you should seek medical attention immediately if: - There is sudden and painful swelling (especially in just one leg, it may be a sign of deep venous thrombosis or a blood clot) - There are symptoms of pre-eclampsia like: Sudden swelling of the face, hands, or feet Severe headaches Vision problems (e.g., blurriness or seeing flashing lights) Severe pain right below the ribs Sudden shortness of breath Vomiting (along with any of the above symptoms)

Read more

hello! hopefully this is still in time to help mummy(ies) experiencing swelling this earlier on. I had swelling from my 1st since week 20. and turned out to be severe pre eclampsia which led to premature delivery at 28 weeks. I had brushed off the swelling as a normal sign of preg but it is not normal to be swelling (persistent) this early on. I would advise to go to your gynae to have a proper all rounded check to eliminate any concerns.

Read more

If you have swelling in your ankles, bend your foot up and down 30 times, then circle it eight times one way and eight times the other. Repeat with the other foot. You can do this while sitting or standing. Also, try putting green or white cabbage leaves on the swollen area to draw out excess fluid and relieve your discomfort. Cool them in the fridge first, but not in the freezer.

Read more

Swelling in legs and ankles is quite common during pregnancy. Try to: - Avoid standing for long periods. - Rest with your feet elevated. - Avoid high heels, and always wear comfortable shoes - Use cold compresses on swollen areas. - Drink lots of water, which helps flush the body and reduce water retention. - Reduce your salt intake and avoid adding additional salt to meals.

Read more

Swelling at 14 weeks is abit early. You might want to check with gynaecologist I was told one of the signs of feet swelling is low lying baby

I'm 16 weeks po pwede n po b magpaultra at mkita gender ni baby

3y ago

yes pwede na po. yun din advise sa akin para malaman gender ng baby ko.

gud pm tanong ko lang po mababahala na po b aq kung hindi ko ramdam sumisipa c baby im 20 weeks and 2 days

3y ago

hello. visit ur OB po.

normal po ba for 14weeks na medyo di pa normal appetite ko

8mo ago

same po 😥 im 14weeks na din po and my appetite still worst..nagsusuka pa din 😭

VIP Member

Elevate your legs and try to stay off ur feet. Especially when u sleep, elevate it.

Im in 14 weeks, normal po ba na di ko padin nafefeel sipa ni baby?.

12mo ago

normal ganun pero ung pag pitik dpat mkakaramdam ka