hi mummies, im getting concerned for my 18months boy. he havent gained weight for 6months :( at 12months his weight is 9.4kg, until now still same. he eats mostly noodles, bean curd,eggs & fruits. i have mixed feed him since birth but now he dont want to take his bottle. any advice? thanks

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's normal mummy, don worry. As long as he is growing either in height or weight, it is fine. Cox when he goes for checkups, the nurses will monitor his growth whether it is 25 percentile or more. Since he is eating normal, latching well, nt to worry. Till a certain weight/ time, babies' weight doesnt grow as much, they grow in height more. My son is 16mo, hasnt even cross the 10kg mark, and he eats and plays well. Doc and PD say is common so long the baby is healthy and eating and growing well.

Read more
7y ago

thanks mummy :)

VIP Member

If your child is growing tall, nothing to worry about :) Some children just have better metabolism and are more active in general, he'll gain weight when he needs to!

As long as he is growing, even if it's minimal it's okay. They will shoot again without you realizing.

7y ago

thanks mummy :)

VIP Member

Is he still latching? His weight is the same, what about his height? Did he grow?

7y ago

yes he grew & still latching