what to get.

hello mummies, im a first time mummy here and i got no idea what to get for the baby other than clothing and other newborn essentials. Can u guys list down some important items i need to get for newborn babies .....

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

-Wearables- Clothes Diapers +/- mittens/booties +/- swaddle (although I highly recommend it) Baby friendly detergent -Nursery- Cot/crib, bedsheets, waterproof mattress protectors Something to change diapers on (diaper changing table vs mat vs waterproof sheet to place on bed) Something to place all the stuff you need on (cot organiser vs cupboard/drawers), but preferably within reach from the diaper changing area Wet wipes +/- cot mobile -Bath time and skin care- Bath tub Towels (bath towel, face towel) Shampoo/body wash +/- cotton balls/buds to clean thu umbilical area Moisturiser (body lotion) Diaper rash creams Soft brush +/- baby oil for massages +/- facial moisturiser creams +/- baby powder Nail clipper/file -Baby feeding- If breastfeeding: Nipple cream Nursing cushion/pillow (strongly recommended although not 100% a must) +/- Syringes (to top up formula at the start if required. Syringe/cup feeding reduces the chance of nipple confusion compared to bottle) +/- Breastmilk collection cups (also strongly recommended to minimise wastage, because when you latch on one side, milk also sprays out from the other side) Breast pump Breastmilk storage bottles and bags (for freezing and building up your milk bank) Milk bottles (as you transition to bottle feeding subsequently) Bottle brush Baby liquid soap Steriliser (steam/UV) vs big pot to boil water and sterilise bottles/pump parts If formula feeding: Buy small tins (400g) first to ensure baby’s willing to drink that brand and has no allergies, then buy bigger tins (1.8kg) subsequently. Milk bottles Bottle brush Steriliser Baby liquid soap Milk powder containers - so you can prescoop the correct amount beforehand and just pour it all into the bottle when you need to make the formula -Traveling around- Stroller vs baby carrier, or both Car seat (if you drive) Diaper bag (or big bag with lots of compartments) +/- diaper changing mat that can also store diapers/wipes, etc (very useful)

Read more