SAHM for my newborn - Any “must have” items to get?

I’m going to be a SAHM for my newborn after confinement. Pretty nervous being a first-time mum, not sure where I can put the baby during day time while I’m doing housework. Any mummies have any recommendations on this, and also some “must have” items to get? If possible, could you also share the link in the comments. Thank you in advance! #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have a hand me down combi moveable thingy, see below. Works as a day cot with wheels so very versatile. Invest in 1 esp if you’re the only caregiver at home. https://shopee.sg/product/90158794/10801238035?smtt=0.459755001-1649600857.9 I second the other reply regarding baby monitor and baby carrier. Sometimes baby will have regurgitation, need to sit them upright for 30 mins or so very time consuming. That’s when you can use the baby carrier to help them sit upright and still fall asleep calmly on the carrier while your hands r free to do chores. Sometimes they fall asleep better with motion also, so carrying them works.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so much!

Baby monitor- cause paranoia can get the best of us even when baby is sound asleep and somehow constantly popping in every 5 minutes to check on LO. Baby wrap / carrier - cause babies can get very clingy during the time that we moms have to do urgent house chores. Day bassinet - best to have baby in the day bassinet (it’s portable and easy for you to place close by to you just in case the baby monitor isn’t enough)

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so much!

I agree with EL W on the Combi thingy. I have one at home. Can wheel anywhere I want, even to the kitchen. All I can say is don't pressure so much on housework. Do whatever you can little by little because priority is baby. Once you get the hang of the routine etc you can do more if you want.

2y ago

Thank you so much!