Childbirth class

Hi mummies, I’m a first time mum to be. Is it necessary to attend a childbirth class? Thanks! :)

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a 1st time mummy too, edd next month in Sept. I attended the Atenatal class at NUH on my 30 Week. I feel that it is useful for me as i don't have parents or relatives to guide me. The trainer/gynae there were very nice and engaging during the course. They will keep asking if you have any questions or doubts to clarify. Sometimes it's confusing if u search info online or ask your friends and get different answers. So for 1st timer i suggest u attend and can clear your doubts with the professionals instead and also help our partner understand their role and how to support you during and b4 pregnancy. I really enjoyed the classes with my husband. Congrats and all the best mummy. :)

Read more

I didn't manage to attend one. but the nurses at the delivery ward was encouraging and I manage to deliver naturally with the help of forceps. on the hindsight, would be better equip if I attended a childbirth class. cause just watching videos on YouTube and reading on books are sufficient but may not be practical.

Read more
VIP Member

it is good for first time parent as u may learn things that u nvr knew. if cost isn't an issue. do go for it. i wish i went for it cos my first experience as a mum was so stressful as i didnt know anything.

VIP Member

Prenatal classes are not compulsory but good to attend if you have the time. You will gain knowledge on your pregnancy, childbirth and tips on taking care of a newborn.

I decided not to go cos I feel like I will forget everything learnt during labour itself 😅

TapFluencer

Good to have NOT a must

Nope