Pelvic pain

Hi mummies! I’m almost 34 weeks and I have been experiencing really bad pelvic pain when I walk, change positions etc. It is so bad that I sometimes cry over it. Is this normal? Or should it be a concern? Any exercise that can help to lessen the pain? 🙏

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its getting more painful for me too but I am more or less able to manage by being more careful when I move now. Whenever I’ve to move my legs off a chair, car, bed etc, I’ll clam it together n move as one. Then I use my glutes muscle (not sure how else to describe it) to push up/off. Prior to this, I’ll separate the legs a bit and push out/off using one leg. Both separating the legs and pushing with one leg hurt a lot for me. Also! I’ve been walking using smaller but fast steps. I’ve been doing pilates with an instructor to strengthen my body but not necessarily pelvic muscles only. My instructor emphasises mostly on diagrammatic breathing and using the pelvic floor muscles + abdominal muscles to do this breathing, which will strengthen the respective muscles (and make it easier to labour).

Read more

Normally I would ask my husband to press to relieve the pain abit... Place pillows near it.. Lay on ur comfortable side. It helps a little. Hang in thr. I know its hard. Im at 35 week now too!

1y ago

You are right . 🥲

i experienced this as well. likely to be SPD. can Google the exercises to do to improve pelvic pain.

it could be SPD - you can Google this!

me too experiencing this too 😭