Baby weight

Hi mummies, im on my 35weeks pregnancy and just went for my checkup today. Doctor said that my baby weight is 2.6kg now. Is it normal for a baby to weight like that before born?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t worry my dear. I was initially worried about my baby too. He was 2.6kg at 38 weeks but my gynae assured me that its a healthy size as i am petite. But turns out he was a 3 kg at birth and that was at 39 weeks 4 days. Your baby will grow as the week gets by and will put on weight for sure :) all the best to u!

Read more
4y ago

Hehe thanks alot. Im petite too. But was shocked and worried that my baby weight was 2.6kg before birth. Hahahaha. Thanks kak ❤ .

VIP Member

It’s normal not to worry too much. As the pregnancy progresses, baby size will grow as well. 2.8 to 3.2 kg is considered of healthy weight at birth around 37 to 40 weeks.

yes its normal, if got pblm doc will tell u so relax get more rest, dun worry everythg will be fine

VIP Member

Yes. It’s ok. Just rest more, drink more water and eat a balanced diet and all will be well.

Same weight as mine😓 but my first 2 was 2.5kg at 38 weeks. Smaller than this one. Hehe

4y ago

Ok sure, thanks alot 😊💕

VIP Member

Yup. Bt yr gynae will be in a better position to tell u if baby is too big or too small

My baby was 2.3 @ 35weeks, i went for another check up 7 days later, he's 3kg.

VIP Member

I wish my husband read this.. and note that our baby is big..

Noted and thank you so much all mummies for ur reply 😊❤

sounds ok..what did the doc say?

4y ago

Yesterday was just the ultrasound scan appt without seeing the doctor , must come back to see doctor this friday. Noted and thanks alot 😊❤ . Hehe.