Hi mummies. Im 28 wks along with #2 and my boobs have started leaking. I stopped bfing my currently 10month old #1 in july bcos my supply dried up. Since i plan to tandem feed, is it okay if i let my #1 latch on now that the boobs are leaking?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Preferably not. 1) If u are tandem breastfeeding simultaneously, u should give your nv first so that your body knows what your nb need. However this action, may induce jealously and hatred from the older baby to the younger one. The longer your older child goes without the breast but with your undivided love and attention, the better he/she will adjust to the appearance of the baby, weaning closer to delivery may trigger insecurity, jealousy and desire to return to breast 2) Breastfeeding actually thins the uterus lining which is not really good for pregnancy

Read more

Preferably not as breastfeeding in pregnancy can result in early labour as it causes your uterus to contract. Additionally, breastfeeding while pregnant can be flat out exhausting. Your body is now caring for two humans (not including yourself, of course) and it's a lot of work. If you really want to I suggest speaking to your oby-gyn

Read more
VIP Member

Seek the advice from your gynae. Some mummies are able to breastfeed their first child during their second pregnancy. but do know that breastfeeding/pumping will stimulate contractions. If gynae says you are good to go for breastfeeding, go ahead!

Nope, it will trigger contractions and you wont want that. Just clean your nipple constantly with cotton tip and baby oil.

VIP Member

Check w gynae. I think possible if its not a high risk preg.