Breastfeeding after contracting covid

Hi mummies, I wanted to check if anyone knows any mummies who contracted covid before and the milk decreases to almost zero drops? Anyone managed to increase back? Tried all methods including exclusive pumping and don't work for me. How many days after then will you feed your little one? I am worried to feed him now and thinking of weaning off but at the same time I want him to have good breastmilk:( Period also darkened after contracting covid.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I got covid recently but my milk did not drop much though (possibly coz i only took meds before i turned positive and thereafter skip all meds and self recover). Only the initial i feel abit drop but could be cause my throat was pretty painful and I couldnt really eat n drink. I checked on bmsg (on fb) that mummies continued to feed bm to their babies and also checked with a LC who helped me previously that it is still advisable to feed. I think someone on bmsg also had a drop in her supply though. R u feeling blocked ducts? Coz for me i have been real tired after covid and cant really wake up to pump on time…

Read more

I drink lots of water, and notice increase if I eat oat biscuits, Pulau Hitam, brown rice. Only give BM after I fully recover from covid as I’m not very sure then to give or not. But some articles mentioned about giving BM cos of the antibodies. Perhaps you can consult the PD and see what they advises you. Hope you can find a solution to your problem soon!

Read more