BCG vaccination

Hello mummies, i realised my lo bcg vaccination scar is on the right buttock not on the left. The hospital had made a mistake by giving the vaccine on the wrong buttock (we agreed for it to be on the left buttock). They even documented the location to be on the left buttock in the health booklet. What should i do? I am quite annoyed at the number of mistakes they are making. Upon discharge i also realised that the information entered into healthhub is wrong. In the discharge summary, the info stated caeserean birth when it is supposed to be normal delivery and the gestation date was wrong. I emailed in and called in several times before they got to it and amended it. Even after amending, the gestation date was still wrong and i had to call in again. I am quite concerned with the amount of mistakes they are making and i am not sure if i want to bring this (wrong bcg vaccination location) up to the hospital.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Email the hospital again as well as [email protected] pertaining all the wrong information and raised your concern. This include what was being agreed with the BCG Vaccination. Why was all the information keyed in was incorrect? Feedback to the relevant department and get back to you ASAP. This might be human error but definitely should not be repeated and therefore, what was not agreed verbally as well as signed should be done properly. If there's changes, they should come back to you before doing it.

Read more