Heart burn every day for few months now

Hi Mummies, I am now 28 weeks pregnant and I been having heartburn, stinging sensation like someone rubs chilli right under my chest. At first it happen after my dinner. But currently it happens most of the time everyday. I feel its getting worse. I been having this everyday until i started to feel kinda pain when i press my upper rib cage recently.. I tried sleep with many stacked pillow, eat lesser amount but more often, take Galviscon, eat less oily, but still never help much. Is there mummies ever experience such bad heartburn before, anything I can do, or anything i can apply on the pain to at least feel abit cool down. It is really really uncomfortable.. 😢😢😢

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Totally feel you! I already have GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease & on Omeprazole medicine) way before I got pregnant and it is very painful. Before I got pregnant I will force myself to vomit cos its too painful like burning sensation in my chest & throat. Now cannot do that cos almost 17 weeks pregnant and antacid does not even work for me. So what I did is I will always avoid eating after 7pm even if my stomach is growling in hunger. Otherwise, I will have to wait 2 hours before I can go to bed or I will have a very hard time sleeping because of the heartburn. I will just drink water or any drink like Milo or cereal drink for the hunger but then will keep going to the toilet to pee which I prefer than having painful heartburn. When I wake up in the morning, I will shower 1st then have my breakfast. Sometimes heavy breakfast cos too hungry from yesterday. If I'm still hungry I will just eat anything but avoid eating after 7pm. And it really works. No heartburn. After having a meal do not lie down or sleep straight away. Wait at least 2-3 hrs to do that if you don't want any heartburn.

Read more
4y ago

I had this since I am found out I am pregnant, 32weeks today. I bought heartburn pills from the shelves like guardian or Watson. Most of the time it’s so bad that I forced myself to vomit all the gastric juice out. I couldn’t take oily foods, heavy meals, eating too fast, caffeine intake. All this will make me have severe reflux till I feel as if I am gonna have heart Attack from the pain at my chest. So I tried to change the habit of taking small portions meals, something hot & soupy also light. Make sure you are 7/10 full is enough. Even though I don’t feel satisfied, i will take a short break and eat fruits or biscuits. Eating habits are really the one that causes all this pain for me, so with this correct eating habits I really helps me a lot. I do not have heartburn that often compared to before.