Sudden fever, chills and breast pain.

Hi mummies, i am not a breastfeeding mum but i do pump out my breastmilk at least 3 to 4 times a day. Today i have sudden chills, fever and breast pain from 1 side. And my head have been spinning just now, but feeling slightly better now. At least no chills and headache. Any suggestion from mummies on why i have sudden fever, chills and breastpain?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sounds like mastitis to me. If you’re trying to wean off breastmilk, you can try hand express to comfort instead of pumping as our bm works on supply and demand. Did you empty your boobs during every pump? Clogged/blocked milk ducts usually leads to mastitis. See a gp and take antibiotics, it should clear within 2-3 days. I’ve had many episodes of mastitis even after 13m of bf with low supply. 😩

Read more
1y ago

You can try to let baby latch to clear the clogs. I did whenever I have clogged ducts. Once cleared, remember to pump more frequently. Remember to also massage your breast while you pump. Baby is a very effective “pump machine” Yes, your baby can still drink the milk if you took paracetamol.