Is my 2 month old baby drinking too much?

Mummies, I need your advice. According to my formula milk packet, on average babies should drink 150ml per kilogram. My 2month old baby is 5kg and should be drinking an average of 750ml per day. But he’s drinking about 1100ml per day instead. Is this normal? I tried to stretch out his drinking time from every 2 hours to 3/4 hours but it’s so hard. The max I could go is 2.5 to 3hrs. Is this normal? Or is it the formula milk that I’m using which is causing him to not be full? Currently using Dumex Dupro.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Might be a growth spurt. Just feed as per his demands. Babies know to stop when they're done. That aside, it's good to gain weight now ,it'll taper off as he gets older.

My baby used to always drink more than the average amount and she’ll be hungry 1.5-2 hours for BM.. so she’s heavier percentile but all good

Same with my baby boy currently 2mths but drinks 150ml every 3 hours. Just have to go with their demand. If not they cant rest well too.

TapFluencer

could b growth spurt... sometimes i dont understand y suddenly so much or suddenly so little

as long as shes drinking and passmotion and have proper sleep should be fine