hi mummies, i have a recurring blocked duct. i tried massaging and squeezing my areola and realized that one of the pores' discharge is in clear colour whereas the other pores are milky colour. is it because of my blocked duct? I also had another 'blocked duct' that felt like a tiny stone, but previously ML said its my vein. is it possible that vein felt like tiny stone? TIA!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's a plugged duct, the tiny stone might be grain of thickened milk or fatty-looking milk. You can try using heat & gentle massage before nursing- - Warm compress. Try using a disposable diaper: fill the diaper with hot water (try the temperature on your wrist first to avoid burns), squeeze the diaper out a bit, then put the inside of the diaper toward the breast. This will stay warm much longer than a wet cloth. - Basin soak. Fill sink or bowl with hot water and submerge breast in water while massaging the plugged area toward the nipple. - Hot Shower. It can be helpful to massage in the shower with a large-toothed comb. The comb should be drawn through a bar of soap until it is very soapy and then used to gently massage over the affected area in the direction of the nipple. Nurse frequently & empty the breasts thoroughly.Aim for nursing at least every 2 hrs. Keep the affected breast as empty as possible, but don’t neglect the other breast. When unable to breastfeed, mom should express milk frequently and thoroughly (with a breast pump or by hand). Hope the blocked ducts will clear soon!

Read more