Travelling overseas at 23 weeks pregnant

Hi mummies, I am a first time mum & I am planning a trip to Korea around my 23 week mark, and I’m wondering if anyone had a prior experience of travelling around this phase of pregnancy? Will it feel too heavy to walk, should we expect any discomfort or if it’s ok? Just slightly worried and uncertain cause I dontknow what to expect. Appreciate any sharing (: thank you!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! yes my first pregnancy i went Krabi, Bangkok & Penang ard that week and still travelling at 26 weeks ard there! last two weeks @ week 25 (currenly w baby #2), i went Hat Yai for my 1st baby's birthday holiday. actually...it's honestly okay. 2nd trimester tbh is a good time to travel bc you feel less tired for some reason and you get to enjoy more (unless you're still having morning sickness). i even went KR without knowing i was pregnant and that was when my #2 is a super tiny bean starting to grow in me. but glad to know all is good! don't worry okay! just take care of yourself, avoid consuming raw food and take care of your hygiene :)

Read more

I went to Japan for 2 weeks when I was around week 24. Do make sure you take plenty of rest (when you feel like it). I walked a lot in Japan and was always complaining to my husband that my back aches and my legs ache. I was already starting to feel backaches from the weight of the bump but other than that, it was still alright. Do rmb to get a doctor's memo to certify that you're fit for travel. The check-in counter asked for it in my case as I was showing quite obviously at that point of time already.

Read more

I spent my entire first and second trimester globetrotting as a first time mom because I had planned to go to 9 different countries during that period and I didn’t know I was expecting until I have paid for all the trips. I went to Turkey, Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Italy, Switzerland, China, Japan and Hong Kong & Macau in a short 5 months span. All the trips were back to back. Came back to Singapore for a few short days to unload and repack for the next trip. So don’t worry too much!

Read more

Ftm too. At week 24 I went to Taiwan~ also travelled throughout all 3 trimesters (last trip recently at week 30 since some airlines are really sticky about it once you hit week 28). Of the 2 months abroad, all went fine 😀 a lot of walking for some trips but it really depends on each body. My body took it well and it was another form of exercise. Korea is really fun, you’ll enjoy it the same as prepreg id you do not have any complications in your preg :)

Read more

One week in Korea, three weeks in Europe hence almost my entire second trimester was overseas. I was fine because of my usual activity level and the size of my bump (on the small side). No one knew I was pregnant 🤣 you need to assess your physical condition before making a decision where and when to travel! A lot of walking in Korea so make sure you are okay with it!

Read more

Hi mummy! I went for a short trip to Lombok at 28 weeks. By then I needed to have the doctor's letter that I'm certified fit to fly. I was heavy by then, cos my baby is generally on the heavier side. I chose a place that was quite chill cos I wanted to just rest by the beach and villa all day haha. For you at 23 weeks would be just nice! Enjoy your baby moon! 😊

Read more

most importantly ask your gynae for advice! I travelled to Europe 14hrs flight when I'm 31 weeks preg.. luckily it was ok, just get up randomly and walk around, do some stretching. rmb to get plenty of rest if you need. however walking is also good for pregnancy :)