1 month old baby not sleeping on cot

Hello mummies. May I ask if it’s alright for my 1 month plus old baby sleeps on me every night? Or should I start training her to sleep on her cot? I tried AGAIN last night! She will fuss and cry each time I put her in her own cot after fallen asleep! I’ve also tried putting her when she’s half asleep but failed! Should I continue to let her sleep on me till 3 months or I should start now? I know it’s still 4th trimester but I’m worried that if she’s used to sleeping on me then it will be harder in the future. Any mummies experienced the same thing? I would like you to advice me on this. Thank you in advance

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Can you try a bedside cot that's attached to the bed? Sleeping on top of you while you're sleeping could be dangerous since you don't know if baby is able to breathe properly, and baby don't have the strength to change position. Cosleeping is a controversial subject but even people who are pro cosleeping wouldn't recommend baby sleeping on top of mummy. Try to make sure baby is already deeply asleep, hold baby for at least 10 minutes then very gently and slowly put her down. Keep your body close to hers when you're lowering her down to the cot

Read more
4y ago

Yes I’m using the bedside cot and yes I’ve tried all the methods you’ve mentioned but it doesn’t seems to work! She will get up 10 mins after that! 😰. One night I kept trying until 2am I couldn’t take it anymore so I just carry her while we both fall asleep together