Baby's weight

Hello Mummies. I am 35 weeks turning 36. Baby is approximately 2.4kg, Gynae says he is big and needs me to go on a diet :( Is 2.4kg really too big for 35 weeks+?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do you have GDM? If yes, maybe you should be on diet.. if not, you dont have to.. its your body and you know it well.. i had a natural birth with my first born and he weighs 3.85kg with no epidural or medical interventions.. you should trust your own body❤️ Good luck! May you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery!

Read more

Depends on your size, height, GD, etc. if you’re petite then can’t compare with what’s normal for others

im at 37 weeks 5 days when gynea check my bb weighing 2.7-2.8kg 2 days back. normal lei. hahhaa.

2y ago

thank you babe! ❤️ 39 weeks today and 2 days back, gynea check 3.1-3.2kg already. haha. but they allow me to wait til overdue 7 days too. my previous babies born at 3.3kg at 39 weeks+3 days and 3.65kg at 41 weeks

I dont think so too, just given birth at 37.6weeks baby weigh 3.5kg via normal delivery :)

2y ago

Thank you.. Wishing you speedy recovery.

VIP Member

I m w36+6 and my bb measured 3.8kg .. i think my is super heavy urs should be ok .

2y ago

Thank you for replying.. Helps better to know weight issues varying across. When are you due? Guess we are about there now. Wishing you a smooth delivery 🤗🤗

I dont think so.. my baby was 2.6kg at 35w 5d and gynae said it’s okay..

2y ago

Yes i am. Will be induced at 37w4d next week

I’m 35w6d and baby is 2.5 kg and gynae said abit small

VIP Member

Don't think so, mine is 2.7kg at week 35

no leh not really

2y ago

I felt the same too.. He is afraid I can't deliver a big child. Thank you for replying.