13 weeks pregnant

Hello mummies. I am 13 weeks pregnant now and I’m planning to go back with my gym routine. Is it ok to carry some heavy weightlifting?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm not sure about your definition of heavy weightlifting but I continued my gym 5 days a week with running on treadmill and machines and dumbbells until a few weeks before my due date for both kids. It is important to keep fit even during pregnancy which will help when labour comes. However, double confirm with your gynae and be honest about what exercises you will be doing. As long as gynae gives the green light, go for it!

Read more
VIP Member

Please check with your gynae. If you have always been lifting weights before pregnancy, and if your pregnancy is a smooth sailing one, your gynae would usually give you a heads up. I continued endurance training till around 31/32 weeks

VIP Member

Definitely a No No. It’s important to have more rest and minimize movements during your first trimester. For 3rd trimester, only light exercise and frequent walking to facilitate childbirth.

Check with obgyn and listen to your body. Not my case but i see women lifting heavy weights super pregnant at f45 before :)

Remember = you're pregnant, not sick, so routine should still go ahead, as long as you're aware of what you're doing

TapFluencer

Lol you got to be joking. Please get clearance from your gynae. Light weights should be fine.

Avoid carry heavy things during preggy because scared you might be pushing it too hard. 😉

Super Mum

Check with ur gynae before u start /resume any of ur gym routine.

Hey, I think you should check with your gynae on this first.

VIP Member

I won’t do weightlifting but maybe some light exercise?