bathing babies

Hi mummies. How do you bathe your 2months old baby? Do you start with the head first or feet first?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

At 2 months, I would start off by using a damp towel to wipe baby’s face, behind the ears and neck first. Then swaddle the body using the towel (diaper still on), carr baby using the football hold and bring baby to the bath tub to wash the hair. After the hair’s washed, baby goes back to the diaper changing mat, I dry the hair, then unswaddle, remove the diaper and clean, before bringing baby to the bath tub to wash the body. When baby got older (3m+) and was less likely to pee in the tub, plus the neck control was better, I did the hair and body in the bath tub in the same sitting (started with hair, then moved downwards). I supported the neck by stretching out my arm, with my forearm behind the neck, and gripping under baby’s armpit on the opposite side of where I was standing. By 5-6 months, I let baby sit in the tub (with slight support).

Read more
4y ago

Honestly, I think there’s no hard and fast rule. Haha. Do what you’re comfortable with