How u discipline your kids

Hi mummies, do u have days when you have outburst and smack your toddlers when they refuse to listen or refuse to eat:( would like to hear your stories as the mom’s guilt is always so strong after u smack or scold them

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Used to have a lot. But if toddlers doesn't want to eat, I just let them hungry for like 30-60mins before feeding them again. (The timing wise depending on how much they have already eat in the day) 30 mins is usually if they are not eating much. This is to let them know that, that timing is eating time. Once they don't want to eat, then they can't eat. If they doesn't listen, I tend to lock them in their bed. For now, they doesnt know how to climb out. So it's fine. Because children doesn't like to be close. They love to move around. So this serve as a punishment for not listening. But ofc, need to control. Cnt always punish. We try to use more love in our teaching than beating them. We only beat our children if they do smth harmful to themselves. Eg. Touching of plug. Beating children is the fastest way to discipline children. But is not the best way. Need to let them know why they are being scolded, what did they do wrong. They doesn't understand, so need slowly teach. Is easy to say, but when face the issue, parents tend to outburst faster. Like the emotions too fast than rational. Just need to keep train our patience. We are all human after all. No one is perfect or born to be a parent. Jiayou💪🏻💪🏻

Read more

Here! My 17 month old is starting to run away whenever I want to milk her or change her diapers or shower her. Sometimes she’ll suck on the teat but not the milk. And she’ll throw tantrum whenever she’s tired or sleepy. Lately I noticed she’s more clingy to her dad when he’s around. Sometimes when she throws tantrum, I will just ignore. Ignore until she calls me or come to me. I have days when I’m in a rage and throw my anger at her because I’m tired and those days will always fall during her nap time. I will shake her body and scream at her then I’ll cry. Then I just push her away. It’s hard, trust me I know. Right away I’ll feel guilty and hug her because she’ll pull me or come to me asking to be carried while crying, I just can’t when she does that. I’ll just practice patience, deep breathing, silent prayers and clench my jaw if I’m still mad. Most of the time I will clench my jaw and ignore for a minute so that I don’t have an outburst and smack her and then regret it. I don’t want her to follow my actions when I’m angry. So I always remind myself to set a good example even when my head is about to burst.

Read more