NT is more than 3mm

hi mummies, has anyone ever been told that their baby NT is more than 3mm, and were told that baby might have a risk of down syndrome or any other abnormalities? i went for my checkup and did my scan and were told the bad news. didnt want to do any down syndrome test so i have to wait for 18 weeks to see how it goes. has anyone experienced this? i cannot stop thinking. couldn't stop crying either. and this is my second pregnancy.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

NT more than 2.5mm is alr off the range. I think it is better to quickly do NIPT test (don't go for oscar test, it will give u more nightmares due to its degree of inaccuracy) for accurate result. These info can be very haunting and leaves one paranoid, moreover down syndrome can happen on any # of pregnancy, if you can't get over it, should quickly do the test for peace of mind. I understand it's tough to hear these info, I cried upon my oscar test result too. Hope everything turns out well for u & bb.. all the best!

Read more
2y ago

oscar result was high risk, but nipt was low risk. my child is alr 9mths, healthy so far, so i conclude oscar is a waste of time and money

mine is 3.5mm but nipt came back low risk.. but this also means baby at high risk for other stuff like heart defects..

3y ago

hi Anoy, same thing happened to me. did u proceed to do amniocentesis? not sure if I should sigh. low risk nipt , nt 3.4mm

Mine Oscar scan results was NT 3.5mm. Awaiting CVS results now. How did yours go?

maybe u shud consider going for NIPT test