Breech baby at 29 weeks

Hi mummies! Just had my scan at KKH and the doc mentioned that my boy is in a breech position and that there is a chance that he will not flip for me to have a safe natural birth. She only gave 2 options which are to do a csec or to manually turn baby. Any mummies out there had a breech baby and baby managed to turn on its own later on/got a doc to do manual turning? Also, any suggestions on what i can do to help baby with turning on his own? Hoping to really have a natural birth as long as baby is safe and healthy.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

29 weeks is still early! my gynae mentioned there's a high chance that baby will turn.. however, until end of week 36 the chances of baby turning if he/she still haven't will be greatly lowered due to the constraint in space by then. So I would say at 29 weeks, there's still a high chance of baby turning down. however for me, my baby didn't turn eventually and I went for a Csect instead. Gynae suggest can walk abit more to aid baby in turning.. and there are some stretching exercises which u can find on YT which you may wanna try doing to see if it helps!

Read more

I went for ECG right after my check up at 37 weeks, my baby is breech. ECG procedure costed me about $300+ as you’ll be warded for 2-3hrs, Gynae and one OT doctor will assist you to turn baby manually. Do take note, it’s not always successful. 0.05% will be successful. And procedure is painful and uncomfortable. After all these, my baby still naughty dont want to turn haha. So i leave it as it is, elective C section. :’) its okay..

Read more

Hi my baby was also breech at 29 weeks. He turned at 33 weeks so you definitely still have time. My gynae at KKH said that the manual turning option only has a 40% success rate and during the process, it might be stressful for the baby which is not safe. Maybe try to walk abit more before your next appointment and most importantly, talk to baby! Tell baby to turn… my husband did that a lot before our 33 weeks appt. good luck!

Read more

Hi mummy I know there are some massage ladies who can turn the baby around. They are rare n the one I know has passed on. But do ask around. If u still end up having c-section, it’s alright n don’t let anyone look down at u as long as both u n Bb are safe. All the. Best❤️❤️

My baby was head down at 20 weeks and then breeched till 37 weeks. I talked to the baby and prayed and prayed cz i was very scared of csect. And also did the protration position excercise that encourages baby to flip.

have a walk and do yoga. still got times. dont stress yourself. talk to baby more to be more cooperative. if things happen, just take it. relax, eveeything will be fine for all of us. take good care

It is still really early. My baby was breached from 28 weeks and only turned last week, at 37 weeks! My opinion is that if baby is still breached at 36 weeks, then discuss options with your doc.

My baby wasn't in position also when I had my checkup ard 30-ish weeks. Eventually she turned on her own. Can try talking to baby, that's what I did.

it is still early 29wks. baby will turn when it is time..meanwhile u can google some exercises or method to help baby turn.

at week 31/32, my baby hasn't turn too. gynae said still have time. waiting for next check up