Eczema during pregnancy

Any mummies had eczema during pregnancy? How do you cope with it? Do you apply steroids creams prescribed by doctors?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had worse itching only in my arms and legs, that I could not even sleep calm at night. My skin became super dry. I used steroid cream and tablets given by a GP. But it didnt go away. Then my gynae gave me Cetirizine. At the same time I switched to Aveeno body wash and started applying virgin coconut oil on skin religiously. Now its 90% reduced, still I apply coconut oil so the mild itching fades quickly.

Read more
VIP Member

Steroids cream not recommended as it will have post effect. Meaning steroid is suppose to suppress eczema, once u stopped, it will come back very badly. If you continue to use for longer term like even after pp, as time goes by, steroid cream won't be able to suppress anymore and u have to find a stronger cream to prevent the symptoms from flaring up

Read more
VIP Member

I did as the doctor said it's pregnancy safe. avoid touching detergent, soap, friction against skin, reduce water contact and wear glove when bath (for fingers). apply lot of cooled aloe vera gel after finished steroid treatment. baby is fine. the itchiness can drive you mad

i applied steroids cream as prescribed by Dr then change to aloe Vera gel when it's almost recovering. I try to avoid steroids as much even when I'm not pregnant but now being pregnant I take what's being prescribed by Dr to play safe

Doc knows im pregnant n prescribe a cream without steroid for me

Aloe vera gel worked best for me