advice on food to eat 1st tri

Hi mummies, feeling constantly nauseous especially when im hungry.. but my mouth has a weird taste after i eat most things like crackers or granola, which makes me want to vomit even more! Any advice on what can I eat that isn’t too unhealthy… trying to eat healthily but struggling!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First trimester don't have to think too much about eating unhealthy or healthy just eat whatever you can since the placenta will only start providing the nutrients to baby nearing the end of first trimester plus you are also on prenatal vitamins so don't have to worry about lack of nutrients.

I am the same. 13 weeks now and I am still feeling nauseous and no appetite for anything. I’ve been drinking Pocari (due to its electrolytes) to make my nausea feel better. I also realised that the laughing cow cheese (triangle one) is okay for me. Maybe you want to try that as a snack.

3w ago

Oh no.. hope yours is over soon! Makes it so hard to function the whole dayy i know.. yeah let me trial and error and hope to find what works ):

I ate porridge and soup most of the time. But I still vomit out either way. As long as I eat something right? But the only meal that I got appetite for and will not vomit after is Long John Silver’s 😂

3w ago

Yes so just eat whatever you can eat! Do not try not to eat! Eat fruits, especially those sour2 kind also will help. I also standby some biscuits and water on bedside table and eat it first thing when I wake up so it’s not as painful vomiting on empty stomach. If you already met your gynae, request for medicine - mine is called Dicletin. Eat it before bed because it will make us sleepy but once wake up in the morning, the vomiting will not be as bad. I hated my first trimester cause it’s like food poisoning for 3 months. Even begged my boss to allow me to work from home 🥹 but it will get better once you reach second trimester 💕

TapFluencer

in my case, fruits helped clear my mouth

3w ago

Thank you! Whole day just eat fruits? Haha

Can try plain white bread and nuts

3w ago

Thank you! Tried macadamia but doesnt work