Can’t stomach any food

Hello mummies, I’m super stressed now. I’m week 11 coming up to 12. I’ve not been able to eat as I have no appetite at all. I’m feeling nauseous at times but I don’t vomit. It’s just that nothing I can think of or look at is appetising to me. Any food in front of me just makes me nauseous. I know I need to eat and I don’t want to just take in unhealthy food / snacks. What tips do you guys have ? Thank you ! #FTM

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i'm currently going through the same as you, the nauseous part is just tiring for me because i want to eat & i feel hungry but each time i see the food i feel nauseous but i don't vomit 😭 in the morning what i did was to eat plain bread, bit by bit. it helped me atleast, instead of eating big chunk i eat bit by bit then i sip plain water slowly. after awhile i will feel better then i am able to eat a full meal. if i don't do that i will have difficulty eating. you can try the plain crackers too. honey lemon helps too whenever i feel like want to vomit eventho i don't

Read more

I was like you back then. In my first trimester especially, i've got no appetite to eat or drink. What i would do is just lay on my back and sleep and feel hungry and weak all day. I would eat small portion of food everytime i'm hungry. I'll drink hot sweet tea too. Suggest you to eat cereal / energy bar.

Read more

Try sour and spicy foods. I had a lot of spicy tomato based broccoli and chicken pasta from pastamania in my first trimester coz I didn't have an appetite as well, and having that helped. Eat fruits or biscuits if you can stomach them as well.

sorry to hear that. it was like that for me too. but it will slowly get better. maybe can try biscuit/nuts/cereal/pasta/soup? eat small portion. can ask doc to prescribe you pregnancy safe nausea medicine. can help with your appetite.

You able to take liquids? Can drink milk or take yogurt if it helps. Fruits are great too. This will pass soon, hope all will be well for you!

I has the same issue too in first trimester. sour food/snack/sweet helps whenever I feel nauseous

TapFluencer

try small portions on hand throughout the day