Seafood in 2nd trim

Hi mummies! Is eating (cooked) seafood safe? I’ve been eating seafood at least twice a week, always. I’ve been craving for seafood hence i’ve been eating them at least twice a week. You name it— cockles, gong gong, mussels (all cooked). I am in my 16 weeks. Please help! #advicepls

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not recommended to eat shellfish, raw or cooked they can still contain bacteria that cause food poisoning. They are bottom dwellers which feed on junk and can have toxins/bacteria like e.coli that can affect the fetus. If have craving best to eat sparingly and at reputable places only. Fish like shark and tuna are high in mercury and should be avoided too, might cause birth defects. Best to google before eating anything😊

Read more

As long as it’s fully cooked, you’re all good! But they say when eating fishes, do take note of the mercury level of those fishes. Try to read up on the fishes first. Salmon is goooood!

if you look into asianparent app, most shell seafood like not advisable.. but just make sure they are cooked, clean and eat in moderation should be fine..

Fully cooked it’s safe. But I don’t really like to eat seafood personally haha

oh mannnnnn. im craving for ketam lemak chilli padi!!!! 😭😭

moderation is best... hope ur hep A immunity is good...

TapFluencer

so long as its fully cooked why not!

fully cooked is okay!