Hi mummies! Does consuming fenugreek pills really helps to increase breast milk? I'm going back to work soon and wanna stock up more breast milk for my LO.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fenugreek can cause gassy baby so maybe you want to try to latch baby or feed baby the milk after u have taken fenugreek to see if it affects ur baby. Having said that, fenugreek works for some people only (it didn't work for me even when I was taking maximum no of pills). U may want to also consider other things that can boost ur milk supply - mother's milk (also contain fenugreek but much lesser), seafood, salmon, superfoods drink, oats (itself or in drinks) Try to do some power pumps or do more pumps/latch at night (body produces more milk at night) Hopefully all works out well for u. Jia you! I have attached a picture of other possible foods which u have to find what works best for u. Seafood, salmon and durian were my boosters

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Thanks so much for the info! :)

TapFluencer

Milk booster differs from each mummy, and fenugreek may cause colic in some baby. There are alot other milk booster you can try - milo - lactation cookies - sashimi - overnight oats - dates milk - papaya soup Etc

Read more
VIP Member

It helps to some extent for my case. Also important is to have plenty of fluids like soup and water. :)

VIP Member

For me papaya soup and cod fiah helped me in my supply. And also must rem to drink alot of water. :)

VIP Member

It works differently for individuals. Drink plenty of fluids and green papaya fish soup as well. :)

VIP Member

It work for majority cases from what I read. I also Ensure plenty of water, and enough rest.

In my case it worked. I have heard this from others too

It worked well for me, had a noticeable difference.

4y ago

Hi Lilian, does your LO have gassy tummy after consuming it?

Nope, my supply dropped after consuming

VIP Member

Or you can try chickpeas