Nipple become darker & veins around breast

Hi mummies. Did any of you experience the shade of your areola & nipple turn darker? And somehow I notice my breast has purple veins that I have never seen existed before. Is it normal? I’m worried 😭😰 I’m currently 18 weeks pregnant.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Same here. The Parentcraft expert said it very well.. The nipples and areolae need to darken because baby is lost at sea and the dark areas are like the lighthouse for baby to know where to latch onto. Haha. It’s true though. The darkness fades gradually after you give birth.. after baby is used to finding the nipples to latch onto:) it’s pretty cool. As for the veins, mine are still visible 9.5 months pp (I’m still breastfeeding). But that’s okay. I guess more blood needs to flow through the area.

Read more
4y ago

Thanks a lot for sharing dear. That’s quite a relief. I was worried if it was something wrong with my breast.

VIP Member

Yes more blood will be channeled to ur breasts for the milk glands. As for the darker nipples, it's for the baby to locate

TapFluencer

It's normal our boobs changes. It will get worst. Areola for some will get bigger and very black

4y ago

Yes I notice it also gets bigger😰 thanks dear

VIP Member

My nipple turned darker but i haven't notice any purple vein around it. Currently 14w pregnant

I do have darker nipples and some stretch marks but is not purple.. I am at 28 weeks

VIP Member

It’s normal. Your body is preparing and changing due to pregnancy.

It’s normal, my friend :) don’t worry!

TapFluencer

mine turn darker too but no purple veins