How long can we keep the unfinished breastmilk

Hello mummies! My baby is drinking 100ml nowadays but doesn’t always finish all the milk and sometimes left quite a lot. How long can we keep the leftover in room temperature? Can we put back in the warmer until the next feed? If let’s say i put 100ml in the warmer at 12am and she only wakes up about 1am to drink. Drinks about 30ml. Can i put back to the warmer and feed her on her next feeding? Sometimes she wakes up like 3-4am. Is it ok?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Preferably warm up only when it's time to feed. Can keep the leftover back in the fridge. It's ok to rewarm once for the next feed. But do a taste/smell check. What about reducing the amount so that baby can finish at one feed? Then slowly increase again

4y ago

I see, thank you Mrs.Loh, will put it back to the fridge. She normally drinks 100ml but sometimes midnight she too sleepy perhaps. Drink like 40ml sometimes.

VIP Member

if haven't been drink can put for 2-4 hours, but if already drink half, I only put up to 1 hour as it's already contaminated. maybe u split into smaller amount if u think he/she won't be able to finish it all

VIP Member

Taste test b4 feed.