Cordyceps for pregnancy

Hello mummies, anyone taking cordyceps during pregnancy? I’m at 21 weeks now, and my MIL insisted that i take cordyceps for my baby’s immunity, but I kinda worry as my pregnancy is not as smooth as others. I had 2 bleeding so far, luckily baby is fine. Basically I’m kinda scared of taking chinese meds 😅 Any mummy can advise please? Thank you!

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes my mil also bought for me, hearing stories from aunties that's good for pregnancy to boost immunity etc.. I took once and check with my tcm. she's strongly against it saying that it will cause excessive blood etc. and she has patients that almost can't make it during delivery as there are sudden gust of excessive blood. better check with your gynae or tcm

Read more
3y ago

Thank you for your info!

Cordyceps is a big no no unless I have clearance from TCM doctor to take. It is a herb that will enhance blood flow, which may cause miscarriage in my opinion. Similarly ginseng and other blood flow thinning/enhancing herbs. Especially if you already have some bleeding. Pls be careful.

3y ago

Thank you for your advise!

VIP Member

Better not to take chinese medicine if you unsure can consume or not. I avoid almost all the Chinese herbs cos I scare and FTM. I take chicken essence almost daily. you can read up brands chicken essence they started safe during pregnancy so I dare to take.

3y ago

i shall read up about chicken essence. Thanks!

VIP Member

Please check with your gynae or tcm! Listen to your mummy instincts. If she “insists” again, be firm with her else she will bully you after delivery… then by that time you will be too weak to standup for yourself.

3y ago

I will tell her that. Hope she will stop asking me to take! Thank you 😊

hi dear, since u had bleeding and feel that your pregnancy not smooth than its better not to take any chinese medicine just to be safe. Perhaps instead of chinese medicine you can consider to take chicken essence.

3y ago

Have a safe & healthy pregnancy ❤❤❤

best to check with your gynea and tcm. I was advice by gynea not to take bird nest due to asthma and tcm also advise schedule to take ginseng n to avoid hashima.

3y ago

Thank you.. And jiayou mummy! :)

usually cannot take these sort of 补herbs during pregnancy at all. if its hard to convince your mil, best to see a gd tcm so that you can get green light 😆

3y ago

Thanks for your replying and advise :)

I was advised against herbs (including cordyceps) from the start of my pregnancy.. so i never took it before.. but it was also never sth i like 😂

3y ago

Np! My gynae advised against alot of herbs..

VIP Member

it's better to check with your gynae if in doubt then just tell your mil that it's gynae advice

3y ago

Guess I will do that. Gynae advice not to take 😂 thank you for replying:)

TapFluencer

it's best not to take Chinese herbs but you can check with your gynae for advice

3y ago

Noted. Thank you for replying :)