Breastmilk intake

Hi mummies, 2nd time mum here. #2 is totally different from #1 , my #2 is 1month 20days old. LO drinks expressed breastmilk until now i still can't get how much she drinks. at times she able to finish 110ml, but theres time she only drink 40ml to 90ml. Finish 110ml its take her 4hrs for next feed. 90ml took her about 3hrs. But when it hit 3hrs or 4hrs, she does not want to drink. May i know how much do you feed your LO if you were to change the feeding timing to 2hourly. I dont wanna waste my bm.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can try giving 60ML then top up 20ML by 20ML when she cries for milk? That’s what I did cause my LO’s intake is inconsistent now.. She used to take 100ML every 3 hourly, subsequently 90 then 80 every 2 hourly, but have to split into 2 feeds (within 2 hours).

2y ago

So far although the intake is lesser, there is no weight loss. The problem with my LO is if I give her the 60 20 20 method continuously she can take up to 120ML whereas when I give her 100ML straight she tends to stop drinking at 50ML. Also, she can finish the whole bottle at one go when she’s sleeping. Your leftover bm can freeze in storage bags and accumulate for milk baths 😄 Ever since I started collecting it for her milk bath I feel better when she didn’t finish ahahah