Covid-19 vaccine safe for pregnancy?

Our multi task force say that Covid-19 vaccine are safe for pregnant ladies (regardless of which trimester). I am quite skeptical on this, do they have a study on this vaccine that is completely safe for pregnant ladies? Can we trust? Any pregnant mummies has already taken your Covid shots during your pregnancy?🤔 My baby is going to due on September, I am thinking of getting the vaccine after my confinement which will be on October. I am more worried that the vaccine will do more harm to my unborn baby.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m due end July and was thinking of taking it too. So was reading more online. I found this very useful https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/pfizer-and-moderna-vaccines-safe-for-pregnant-people-major-study-confirms?cmpid=int_org=ngp::int_mc=website::int_src=ngp::int_cmp=amp::int_add=amp_readtherest Ultimately I think it’s a risk assessment between the chance of you getting covid vs the risk of vaccine side effect. Noting that Brazil and India have shown the risk of death, miscarriages, still birth is much higher if you contacted covid when pregnant. But if you are from a country where covid is generally well under controlled, I guess you have the option to choose.

Read more
3y ago

We are not the first batch. First batch are the people in US and UK.

I have my doubts too. It seems like there’s no medical trial with proven results. I’m due in Nov. Will likely choose not to take it. Don’t think gynae will be able to give us an answer as well. Most healthcare professionals are unable to, this is based on my experience where I asked them if my mum with chronic illness is able to take it. The doc leaves her to decide.

Read more
3y ago

Me too I’m due in November and will be waiting till next year to after confinement to get vaccinated

I’m on another pregnancy app “what to expect” where moms to be are mostly US based. Many of them have taken the vaccination already, both doses (pfizer). You can check in the existing posts for the feedback or can start a new 1. What I have read so far is that they are safe. I’m due in October, and will be checking with my gynae about it in my next visit.

Read more

Hi Joycelyn, congratulations on your bundle of joy :) I believe they mentioned checking with your OBGYN for clearance before registering to take the vaccination.

Same too, I don’t really see many countries mentioned about pregnant women having their vac. I would definitely go for it after my confinement in October.

Same opinion as other mummy. I don't want to risk to take the vaccine.. I would rather keep myself safe, don't go out so much, maintain hygiene.

3y ago

Same here!

Im coming due in mid Oct.. feeling skeptical about the vaccine. Doesn't seem to have enough data to reassure me.

I’m doubtful as well. My due date is in Aug, so I’ll just take the vaccine after I have given birth instead

If after give birth and take the vaccine, will it be safe then for the baby if we breastfeed?