Hi Sister Kang, is it normal to have intermittent sharp pain at the nipple area in between nursing? The pain went off after i woke up from my nap. Should i he concern? My Baby is currently 6 weeks old.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Am not Ms Kang but am willing to share some experience and hope it helps. Sharp pain is usually not a norm and could be because of your latching. Sometimes you latch baby not on your aerola but on your nipple dat could also cause you to have pain. Do check on your latching. You can also apply some nipple cream if it gets worse. Before and after latching, you can apply some breast milk on your nipple and allow it to dry naturally.

Read more

Sharp pain may be be cos of improper latching usually cos baby may be sucking your nipple instead. Once or twice is ok but prolong sucking will cause u to have pain and crack at yr nipple. Pls check on yr latching and ensure that the whole aerola is inside yr baby's mouth and not just the nipple.

Read more

It could be due to improper latching, once you feel the pain, correct the latching position immediately.