Morning Would like to know when do we have to stop burping for our child? Thank you

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I stop about 4-5 months because by then she couldn't sit still for me to burp her after feeding and also by 5 months she was almost able to sit upright by herself so she can burp on her own although it takes a while. I will say it depends on individual babies. If you find your baby look uncomfy without burping or always throwing out milk, may be better to continue burping for a while. I have a fren who continues to burp her baby after starting solids :) my baby now burps on her own after eating solids but not all the time and she seems fine

Read more

To think of it now, i often tried burping baby and failed. After sometime i just stopped, which was not advisable of course. That being said, my friends stopped burping baby at about 4 months old.

I stopped once my lo started to learn how to sit up on his own coz he started to burp on his own after that, abt 5-6mths?

I stopped quite early as my bb can remove air in his stomach by himself like since 2 + Mths

about 3-4 months. I realized she started burping on her own. :)

I stop burping my baby when I see she can burp by herself. Says 3mo?

When baby can sit on their own then stop burping

Once they start solid