can't drink milk during pregnancy

Hi Moms, I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant, and I've been having a hard time with milk. The smell of it makes me feel nauseous, so I haven't been able to drink it at all during my pregnancy. At my last ultrasound, my doctor mentioned that my baby is measuring a bit smaller than expected for this stage. I'm really worried and wondering if my inability to drink milk might be causing this low fetal weight. Has anyone else experienced something similar? What did you do to make sure you and your baby got the necessary nutrients without drinking milk? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for your help!

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's totally normal to have aversions to certain foods during pregnancy, including milk. The good news is that there are plenty of other ways to get the necessary nutrients for you and your baby without drinking milk. First off, you can try consuming other dairy products like yogurt or cheese, as they may not have the same effect on your nausea. You can also explore non-dairy sources of calcium and vitamin D such as leafy greens, fortified plant-based milks, and tofu. Additionally, make sure to focus on a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and protein-rich foods like lean meats, fish, eggs, and legumes. Taking prenatal vitamins as recommended by your doctor can also help fill in any nutritional gaps. As for your baby measuring smaller than expected, it's important to remember that every pregnancy is different, and there can be many factors at play. It's best to discuss your concerns with your healthcare provider to determine the best course of action. Remember to take care of yourself and listen to your body's cues. You're doing a great job, and seeking advice shows how much you care for your little one. Best wishes to you and your growing family! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hi there. I'm only at week 21 and I'm only drinking either a cup of meiji milk or taking yogurt daily. I asked my gynae if I need to drink all those prenatal milk (I hate milk powder, makes me nausea too!) and he said it's not needed, but I'm just drinking some fresh milk or taking some yogurt since I think there's no harm in giving the baby boy in me more calcium for bone growth. In case you're worried that your baby needs the calcium, then maybe try Immunotec Pure Milk Calcium supplement? that's what my doctor prescribed for me, 2 tablets a day. Hope that your baby weight goes on track soon!

Read more

If you can't stomach milk, then spam eat nuts, meat and avocado?? Basically baby needs lots of fats and proteins to grow. My baby was initially on the lower end of the scale too but he managed to grow nearly 800g in 2 weeks, so now he's considered average weight already.

Hi Mummy, u can try drink Avomilk or Calla milk. I got them both when I visited the baby fair. It was really good. They both comes in sachet. Calla milk helps me with my morning sickness during first trimester. Avomilk just taste good 😅

Read more

Nope. My son was measuring 1.9kg at w36++ pregnant. I was drinking milk daily. Was given next few days to eat avo + eggs. I soft boil 3 eggs + one full avo daily for the next 13 days. My son was eventually born 2.7kg.

I didn't drink milk at all too during my pregnancy. my baby was measuring a bit smaller until about the 7months suddenly catching up. I drank soya milk though and once a week have beancurd. hahaha

There’s many other alternative options in food to fulfill the necessary nutrients! But maybe can consider calcium pills if it’s easier?

Have you tried Jolibean Hot Soya Bean drink with pearls? I always buy that back then everytime during my appointment at KKH.

TapFluencer

many other ways for you & ur baby to get nutrients fron other food but hope ur aversion has gone away by now 🙏💕

U can take calcium pills or drink soya milk! There are other food to boost baby weight, don't worry!