can't drink milk during pregnancy

Hi Moms, I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant, and I've been having a hard time with milk. The smell of it makes me feel nauseous, so I haven't been able to drink it at all during my pregnancy. At my last ultrasound, my doctor mentioned that my baby is measuring a bit smaller than expected for this stage. I'm really worried and wondering if my inability to drink milk might be causing this low fetal weight. Has anyone else experienced something similar? What did you do to make sure you and your baby got the necessary nutrients without drinking milk? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for your help!

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

many other ways for you & ur baby to get nutrients fron other food but hope ur aversion has gone away by now 🙏💕

U can take calcium pills or drink soya milk! There are other food to boost baby weight, don't worry!

You can ask ur gynae for calcium pills. I couldn’t consume milk too so i asked for calcium pills.

I do a lot of yogurt and less sweet chocolates and cheese sticks

You should try drinking calla milk!

take supplements

How abt soy milk?

4mo ago

If you're referring to cows milk, there haven't been proper studies in co-relation to health benefits. Basically it was a marketing strategy back in the days to sell it as a necessity in everyday life. All you need is just one study that could prove some co-relationship no matter if it's significant or not at all. Milk has calcium and calcium is required for great bone etc. so just on this basis, the marketer did a great job despite having hormones and pus found milk. There are many sources of calcium like soya milk nutrisoy from veges etc. I'm a nutritionist and I have never had milk since I stopped in kindergarten 😅 despite having gone through a few surgeries where doctor prescribed me with those formulated high dense milk I still recovered well and fine... You can eat more high nutritionally densed food