1st week at child care

Hi Moms, can please share how’s your kids 1st week at childcare?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My son just joined childcare this week on 1st Oct! The first day, I accompanied him to school and he was really clingy to me - unwilling to interact with his teachers or friends at all. We ended up going home at 12pm because he was crying so much from not wanting to nap in a new environment. The second and third day were much better - because I didn't accompany him in his class. On the second day, he surprised me by sleeping in class when I thought I'd have to pick him up to come home to nap - and on the third day, he was so eager to get to class that he made a fuss at the dining area! Both days we went home at 2.30-3pm once he woke up from his nap, was recommended that I was there when he wakes up to reassure him. On the fourth day, he started being a little bit upset with going to school because he kinda figured out that it's a place he goes to and wouldn't see me for several hours. However, there wasn't much issues - he did cry a little when other parents come to drop their kids off, but he still stayed till 3pm :)

Read more