is my pregnancy normal?

Hi moms, entering the second trimester, I often experience constipation and a stuffy nose... Why is this happening? Is it normal?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on entering the second trimester of your pregnancy! It's completely normal to experience constipation and a stuffy nose during this time. Constipation is a common issue during pregnancy due to the hormonal changes that slow down digestion. You can try to relieve constipation by drinking plenty of water, eating high-fiber foods, and staying physically active. If these measures don't help, you can talk to your healthcare provider about safe options for relief. As for the stuffy nose, it's also a common symptom during pregnancy and is often caused by increased blood flow to the mucous membranes in your nose. You can try using a humidifier, saline nasal spray, or breathing strips to help with congestion. However, if you're experiencing severe or persistent symptoms, it's best to consult your doctor. Remember, every pregnancy is different, and it's important to listen to your body and seek advice from your healthcare provider if you have any concerns. Take care and best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Constipation is normal cos our uterus is expanding & the fetus is growing bigger. Stuffy nose cos of increased blood in the system which is also normal

Definitely normal. I even bled when I poop. Do take a lot of fruits and do walks. It really help. Stuffy nose also normal.

Totally normal! Constipation is even worse when eating iron supplement. I have stuffy nose like flu all the times 🥲

Yep. I had a perpetual stuffy nose and sounded nasal lol.

💕