Maternity leave

Hey mommy’s! When did you guys start your maternity leave? Which week was ideal. Of course if baby doesn’t decide to come earlier than full term. I’m a first time mom so I think high likely would be week 40. But want to know which week did you decide to take leave? Thankssss

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Generally ML starts on the day you give birth, but it’s up to you. Some people prefer to take a week earlier to rest and prep for baby’s arrival, some prefer to split their ML. Eg 2 months from birth, then save the rest of ML for emergencies (check with your company if they allow). Also, do let your company know your plans so they can make any necessary arrangements. You can also try to request HL from your gynae at week 38/39 (subjected to approval) so you can save your ML for after birth. Hope this clarifies! 😊

Read more

u can only start ML after birth. prior to that just ask for HL or take ur annual leave to rest at home coz u nv know when baby decides to come out. try not to work till ur edd to avoid last min hand over etc!

ML starts on the day you give birth but some prefer to start like 1-2 weeks before. For me i was under private kkh so my gynae gave me HL from 36 weeks up to day of birth, which then my ML starts

4mo ago

That’s nice! Can I ask who your gynae was? Have heard it’s hard to get HL at some public hospitals depending on your gynae :(

Based on HR guidelines for my Company, maternity leave will commence no later than the date of delivery… and can start maternity leave up to 2 weeks before the EDD

Maternity leave starts from the day baby is born. Before that I ask my gynae for HL to rest at home as I didnt have the option to WFH.

Alternatively, you may request to WFH from your company untill you feel like you’re about to give birth.

TapFluencer

i took 2 weeks b4 edd for 1st & 1 week b4 edd for 2nd

Get HL if you want to rest before edd