for mommies who DL at night and sending their LO to IFC, how do u know the timing of nxt feed? i latch my LO ard 5 to 6am usually ...i do not know how much she drank....so we will reach ifc at around 8am....or should i just tell the teacher to feed on demand for the first feed? but usually i have to give a timing...but also scared she not hungry and dont finish the milk...

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also latch on my LO before sending him to ifc. I will inform the teacher on the next feed timing from my estimate, usually 2 to 2.5 hours apart from my last feed. 2 or 2.5 hours depends on how much i "think" my lo had drank during the last feed based on his suckling and the fullness/tenderness of my (.) (.). My lo has no problem finishing his first feed at ifc. U can guesstimate your lo next feed timing (easier and more manageable for the teacher) and let teacher knows that u actually latch on the previous feed. So if your lo cries earlier for milk, do get it to her. Don't worry about lo not being able to finish as they will try to feed the milk again within 1 hour of heating up (that's my lo's ifc practice).

Read more
8y ago

haha i just guesstimate this morning but im really not too sure. cos at home sometimes she cant finish her first bottle feed..cos i think she is still quite full. ya my ifc told me they will make sure to feed finish all. hopefully it works. cos when my ba