Covid positive.

Hi, mommies. Any mommy out there that’s pregnant and covid positive before? Did you all visit the doctor? Will it affect my baby? Did you all have a healthy baby? I’m currently in my early 2nd trimester. And I only have headache therefore I’m not intending to see a doctor. I’m so worried right now. #pleasehelp

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had it around 16weeks. If you don’t intend on seeing a GP, at least inform your gynae of your case and let him/her know the symptoms you’re showing. My gynae advised me against several medication which were approved by other gynaes in sg, such as cough syrup. She recommended me natural remedies such as gargling of salt water for throat pain. My husband was changing cool towel on my forehead at night when I had fever and that helped reduce temperature a lot, of course with help of Panadol. I spammed warm honey lemon for my cold and took redoxon with zinc as well as Ribena to help with recovery & boost immunity. Also started taking lots of eggs as it contains choline to help baby cnue to grow strong and healthy. Am now in my 35th week and baby is above 60th percentile. Ensure lots of sleep and water intake. Not sure if there’s a link, but I’m now feeling a lot more breathless compared to my counterparts who didn’t get covid. But overall, baby is safe & may even develop immunity against covid.

Read more

Hi there recently in early pregnancy & got Covid just last weekend. Dr assured that will not affect the development of baby. Just monitor your symptoms take normal Panadol only if there’s spike in temperature (above 38 do see a doctor), for other symptoms please take medications suitable for pregnant mom (best to see a doc in this case), and try to avoid taking herbal supplements or pills that are deemed to be effective towards covid. Might contain unknown source of herbs and possibly steroids. Hope this helps!

Read more

I had it 2 weeks ago when I was 26 weeks. Went to the doc and he prescribed some meds which are preg safe and I double checked with my gynae on the meds to ensure that meds are safe. But end up, I didn’t take any of the meds. I did twice nasal rinse and drank 3L of warm water. And I recovered within 5 days. My gynae also ensured me it’s ok unless u feel breathless then u sld head straight to the hosp. Also, keep monitoring your SPO2. If it drop below 93 then u need to take not also. jiayou mummy !

Read more

Relax, if you’re just having headache then should be ok, you can choose to go doctor or not. If u chose to go doctor the medication prescribe will be pregnancy safe, if you do not intend to see, then perhaps just allow the body to heal by itself, drink more water. I had it at week 19, I did see a Doct but did not eat much of medication as I prefer not to. Negative at day 7. Take care !

Read more

I got covid when I was 21weeks pregnant. I seen a online doctor but was only given panadol bcos I got headache. Then 3rd day onwards I start having cough and flu so I get my husband to buy the medicines over at pharmacy. Get the pharmacist to take for whoever that can help you buy. Just tell them is for pregnant.

Read more
2y ago

If still manageable then just monitor. Spam more water and manuka honey. This is what I do. I recover in 5days but 7days to show negative.

Highly advice to visit doctor to get prescribe medication unless you prefer stay home and do ur own remedies that's safe for pregnancy mum. If symptoms prolong for more than 5 to 7 days, it is also advice for you to visit doctor. It will not affect baby. If you are really worried then go have it check.

Read more
2y ago

I had my first covid when i was 10 weeks pregnant. i went to see a dr and given normal panadol and meds for cough. and now im 25 weeks pregnant and got my second covid again but i didnt have any fever so i just rest at home and drink plenty of water and vitamin drink.

alot of mommies had covid while pregnant, its very common given the high number of cases now. they all went on to deliver healthy babies! don't worry! hope you'll get well soon!

2y ago

Thanks for assuring me. Hope my bb won’t get affected. 😕

i’d covid when i was in week 7. went to doc to get pregnancy safe medications (fever, cough, lozenges). the following week i’d my scan and baby is fine :)

Thanks all for assuring me. 😍

TapFluencer

Great