Week 30 - nausea and cold sweat

Hi mommies to be, I’m in my week 30+. This morning while otw to work in mrt, I suddenly felt nausea. And within minutes, I broke out in cold sweat, breathless, dizzy and thought I was going to blackout. I removed my mask and staggered out of the train (not my stop yet). I sat down and felt better probably after 2-3 mins. Has this happened to anyone before? Should I go to my gynae immediately? Baby is still active and kicking. Just now I’m feeling a little unwell and nausea still. My morning sickness has gone away since week 18…

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I experienced it too (14 weeks now). During first trimester, I didn’t really have morning sickness, but occasional nausea. So I suspect it was because I haven’t had breakfast yet and the train was crowded, stuffy. Felt better after I got out of the train and sat at the platform for few minutes. Now I drink milk, milo before I leave the house and go to the few cabins of the train where it’s slightly less crowded during peak hours.

Read more

I experienced the same too. I broke into cold sweat and feeling dizzy while taking peak hour train to work, seated down. It could be train too packed and hence stuffy. I’m currently 27 weeks. I’ll always apply Eagle Fresh On at my temples before I leave house for work every morning. It helps a lot and I don’t feel dizzy anymore. You can standby fisherman sweets in your bag too.

Read more

Oh no, I’m glad you decided to take a breather and felt better after. Please keep taking such precautions; you did well. My mom (when she was pregnant with my baby brother 30 years ago) passed out and fell over from a standing position. My brother was later on born with one eye underdeveloped and blind. He has to get through life with a glass eye permanently. 😢

Read more

it happened to me, a total of 3x so far. (now week 35). my gynae said nothing to worry though, just need to sit/lie down and rest. it happened to me because of my low bp. and once I lie down, I can really "blackout" (fall into very deep sleep) for as long as 2.5hrs.

Thank you all for your responses and advice - appreciate it! Yes I am taking more precautions and now I’m bringing sweets/water etc in my bag. My bp reading is averaging 86/61, but gynae seems chill about it… 😅

1y ago

my BP almost same as yours. but when I "blackout" my BP is like 70s/30s, quite bad but gynae isn't worried as he said after week 34, bp usually will increase. at least for us, lesser worry of preeclampsia. just rmb to sit/lie down when the spells hit u or eat some sweets. jiayou fellow mummy!

Yes I experienced the same too and I have low BP. I’d break out into cold sweat, start seeing spots etc. Would be good to find a place to sit and rest immediately if the dizzy spell hits you again.

Oh no! Hope you’re feeling better already. Can consider prepping some biscuits/snacks and drinks with you at all times. When you feel like you’re about to faint, eat or drink something.

Ure not alone!! Me too!! Even walking in an aircon room, i tend to sweat and dizzy! Dnt frget to hydrate mummy!