Period = Miscarriage?

Hi mommies. If I'm having period at 5 weeks pregnant, does it it mean I have miscarried my baby? Anyone experienced similar situation? Did not have any pains / cramps before having this period though...

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i had several days of bleeding (not spottings) in pink, brown & red colour. i decided to see gynae today, dr said my womb has many blood clots that caused the bleeding (not spottings). i'm 6weeks1day today. dr jabbed me with progesterones (via my buttoks) & i'm given progesterones 3pills/day till next week (to see dr again). i was on 2pills/day since ~2weeks back due to spottings in brown pink & red. 2weeks back (4weeks+) i went for scan, seen nothing at all. the scan i did just now can see faint heartbeat (even i'm bleeding in reddish brown, 30% filled pad). i suggest you to see dr asap. stay hopeful 💪

Read more

May not be, I had heavy bleeding and blood clot type material came along with it, went to Dr, and did detailed scanning, its subchorionic hemorrhage which will dissolve by its own over time. Had a jab, and also progesterone 100mg 3 times a day to stabilize. Baby is going strong and doing well. But advise bedrest throughout the weeks if possible and avoid standing up or long duration of walking.

Read more

depends. your period is referring to spotting (only when you wipe, or a few drops on panty liner) or bleeding (soaking pads at 3 to 4 hours interval). if bleeding and more than 5 days then likely proceeding to miscarriage if spotting for a few days, better go gynae and check asap

Read more

Not necessary but suggest to see gynae. Initially i had bleeding cause of tear. So i was on duphaston.. After that i subsequently went hosp after a vag check one day in the middle of the night as i suddenly had heavy bleeding n clots coming out.. baby was ok thou. So i was jabbed on my buttock.

If you are having “period” like a normal period, bright red blood and the flow is like menses, then yes, it’s a miscarriage . Take care

I did bleed red one day, when to O&G and they gave me duphaston. Better to go gynae for a check if see baby is ok

it might be.. do have a check with a gynae or at a women’s clinic. by right not supposed to bleed

If a sac like thing comes out, could be the gestational sac = miscarriage